- Select Start , then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners . ...
- Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.
- After removing your printer, add it back by selecting Add a printer or scanner.
- Clear the Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use option because you'll be adding the driver manually.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Have Disk button.
If you install your drivers in advance and the computer still won't install the printer when you attach it, any one of your components may have a defect. First, make sure the printer turns on before plugging in the USB cable. Try using a different USB cord, and attach the cord to a different USB port on your computer.... view details ›
- Go to Device Manager.
- Find the device that need to install a driver. ...
- Right-click on the device and select Update Driver Software…
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Click Have Disk… ...
- Click Browse…
In Windows, search for and open Add a printer or scanner . Click Add a printer or scanner, and then wait for Windows to locate available printers. If your printer is found, click it, and then click Add device to complete the driver installation.... see details ›
- Click the Start button, and then, on the Start menu, click Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer.
- In the Add Printer wizard, click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- In the list of available printers, select the one you want to use, and then click Next.
Run the printer troubleshooter
Windows 10 also features a built-in troubleshooter that allows you to quickly fix general print-related issues. To run it, simply go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshooter > run the Printer troubleshooter. Additionally, you can also run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.... see more ›
What to Know
- Identify specific hardware (make, model, etc.).
- Visit manufacturer's site and locate downloads for your hardware,
- Download and install proper driver for your operating system.
Web PrintWeb Print enables printing from user-owned devices without the need to install printer drivers and manage server authentication. is a driver-less printing service that allows users to print by uploading documents from a web browser. No client software or driver installation is required.... view details ›
Manual Driver Install through Device Manager
Right-click the start menu and select “Device Manager.” Find the device that requires a driver update and right-click it, then select “Update Driver.” If you need details on the current driver, select “Properties” instead. From there, you can also update the driver.... continue reading ›
Right-click on any device that has an error and click "Update Driver Software." Select "Search automatically for updated driver software." Windows will search for the best applicable drivers and install them for you. Click "OK" when the drivers are found to allow Windows to complete the install.... view details ›
Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button. , and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers. Right-click the name of your computer, and then click Device installation settings. Click Yes, do this automatically (recommended), and then click Save changes.... continue reading ›
Installing an HP Printer using the Windows Print Driver - YouTube... view details ›
The HP printer driver unavailable error usually indicates your printer is missing, corrupt or not recognized by the computer. You should just uninstall the current driver and install the latest correct printer driver.... view details ›
You do not need the HP Smart application if you install the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software.... continue reading ›
Go to the Start menu and click Settings, Devices, then Printers & scanners. Select Add a printer or scanner and wait for your printer to appear in the list, then select it and hit Add device. If Windows doesn't find your printer, select The printer that I want isn't listed and follow the instructions.... read more ›
- Step 2: Click the icon for any of your installed printers one time so that it is highlighted. ...
- Step 4: Click the Drivers tab at the top of the window.
- Fix your printer driver via Device Manager. ...
- Use a special tool to resolve your driver issues. ...
- Update your printer driver manually. ...
- Tweak your share permissions. ...
- Connect your computer(s) to your printer properly.
- Select Start > Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Printers & scanners . Open Printers & scanners settings.
- Next to Add a printer or scanner, select Add device. Wait for it to find nearby printers, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
The error “Printer driver is unavailable” means that the driver installed against your printer is either not compatible or is outdated. It may also mean that the driver is corrupt and the computer fails to recognize it.... see more ›
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device and Printers > Device Manager.
- Click Print queues to view the drop-down list. Find your printer model on the list and then right-click on its icon. ...
- Go to the computer's Control Panel and click on Devices and Printers. ...
- Reinstall your printer's drivers.
The error “Printer driver is unavailable” means that the driver installed against your printer is either not compatible or is outdated. It may also mean that the driver is corrupt and the computer fails to recognize it.... see details ›
- Go to Canon Support.
- Type the name of your product in the search box.
- When the product appears, select Go > then Drivers & Downloads > then scroll down Select the driver(s) for your product > then Download.
- Open each file after it downloads.
In Windows Explorer, select and hold (or right-click) the INF file name. A shortcut menu will appear. Select Install.... see details ›