How do I get help with Brother printer?
If you have not yet contacted us, please visit our support center at www.brother-usa.com/brother-support or call Customer Service at 877-BROTHER (877-276-8437) for assistance.
iPrint&Scan. Use Brother iPrint&Scan to print and scan directly from your mobile device when it is connected to the same network as your Brother machine.
The most common reason a networked Brother machine may stop printing, is because the connection between the computer and the Brother machine is lost. This can occur as a result of wrong settings or configuration of the printer driver. There are several basic troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve this issue.
If your printer's status displays "Printer in error state," there may be a problem with the printer itself. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your PC by Wi-Fi or cable. Check it for low paper or ink, and be sure the cover isn't open and the paper isn't jammed.
- Do one of the following: - If your Brother machine has the INK key on its control panel, press the INK key. ...
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Cleaning.
- Press the OK key.
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select BLACK, COLOR or ALL depending on what you want to clean.
- Press the OK key.
- Unplug the interface cable if selecting Network or All Settings.
- Press Menu.
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to choose Initial Setup. ...
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to choose Reset. ...
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to choose the reset function you want to use.
- Click Downloads.
- For Step 1: Select OS Family, select your operating system type.
- For Step 2: Select OS Version select your specific operating system.
- Click Search.
- Click the name of the file that you would like to download.
The Brother Creative Center is a resource center for free photo projects and printable downloads. You can create your own greeting card, photo album and calendars by using your own digital photos.
CanvasWorkspace software is compatible with all Brother cutting machines.
1: Check Printer Power, Cables, and Paper
Check that the correct paper is properly loaded into the printer and is not jammed. Replacing damaged cables, plugging in loose or disconnected cables, and fixing paper jams as necessary may resolve the issue.
Does a Brother printer have a hard reset?
Unplug all the interface cables before you perform a Factory Reset. Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Initial Setup, and then press OK. Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Reset, and then press OK. Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Factory Reset, and then press OK.
Start by checking your hardware
If you're using a wired printer, make sure that the printer cable is properly connected from the printer to your PC. For wireless printers, check the wireless connection. Make sure the printer's wireless option is turned on and available.
- Press 'Setup'.
- Go to 'Device settings' and press 'OK'.
- Go to 'Reset' and press 'OK'.
- Go to 'Reset everything' and press 'OK'.
- Select 'Yes'.
- Press 'OK'. Your printer has been reset.
- On the Windows taskbar, at the bottom-right corner of the screen, right-click the Printer icon. ...
- Select Open All Active Printers.
- In the Active Printers dialog box, select the printer you want.
- In the printer dialog box, select the print job you want to cancel. ...
- Click Document > Cancel.
- Open "Start" and type in "Device Manager"
- Click on "Device Manager" in the search results.
- Expand the "Printers" category.
- Right-click on the printer you want to update drivers for.
- Choose "Update Driver", then "Search automatically for updated driver software"
All you have to do is load some plain paper, enter 'Setup Mode' (there's a little button that has some tools on it), then go to 'Maintenance', then 'Nozzle Check. ' Once the test page has printed off, you get given the option to do a 'Print Head Cleaning' cycle.
Make sure that the drum unit gear is on the left side. Turn the edge of the drum unit toward you by hand while looking at surface of the suspected area. Wipe the surface of the drum gently with a dry cotton swab until the mark on the surface comes off.
Inkjet and Large Format printers
Start in the Main tab of the printer driver. Click on the Reset Defaults button located in the bottom-left of the window. Click OK to save any changes as the new default driver settings. The Apply button will remain greyed-out, the OK button will save the changes.
Use the Machine Reset function to reset the machine's settings to the factory settings. The network settings and the security settings will not be reset by the Machine Reset function.
SIGNS THAT YOUR PRINTER NEEDS RESETTING
You will see a message that says “Waste ink pad is full“ or something like that. The pink/pinkish button beside the power button is constantly blinking. The pink/pinkish button beside the power button has a steady light (indication of error).
How do I install my Brother printer without the CD?
Connect the Brother printer to power but don't connect the USB cable yet. Turn on your computer if it isn't already on. You should already have installed the printer drivers. Open the printer network driver and select the configure option, choosing the "Brother Peer-to-Peer Network."
Brother iPrint&Scan is a free app that lets you print from and scan to your Android device. Use your local wireless network to connect your Android device to your Brother printer or all-in-one.
Brother Creative Center is a special service website offering users more than 2,000 Create Your Own and Ready-to-Print design templates. Create Your Own templates give you the freedom to easily create, customize and print using your own photos, logos, images and personalized text.
Welcome to MyCreativeShop
Create your free account and start designing today!
- Turn off the printer.
- Make sure that the front cover is closed and the power cord is plugged in.
- Hold down Go as you turn on the power switch. Keep Go pressed down until the Back Cover, Toner, Drum and Paper LEDs light up. Release Go. ...
- Press Go again. The printer will print a test page.
- Connect the power cord to your Brother machine and then connect it to an electrical socket. ...
- Press Menu button on the machine's control panel.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select Network and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select WLAN and press OK.
If your Brother laser printer has a problem, you can rely on us for fast, local and guaranteed onsite repairs and maintenance at your home or business. To find your local repair and maintenance price, select your Brother laser printer model from the list and enter your postcode.
Double-click [Wireless Device Setup Wizard.
Connect your computer to the wireless router/access point. Make sure the Wi-Fi function of your computer is activated. Select the SSID that you used in step 5. The connection between your computer and your wireless router/access point will be established.
Click or double-click the Printers, Printers and Fax, or Devices and Printers icon. Right-click the printer you want to test and select the Properties or Printer Properties option. If you do not see your printer listed, your printer is not installed. In the printer's Properties window, click the Print Test Page button.
"Self-Diagnostic" means either the fuser has reached the maximum temperature allowed or there has been an error in detection of the correct temperature during specific times in the printing process.
How do I print quality check?
- Press [Ink]>[Improve Print Quality]>[Check Print Quality]. ...
- Press [Start]. ...
- Check the quality of the four color blocks on the sheet.
- The Touchscreen asks about the print quality. ...
- The Touchscreen asks you to check the print quality of each color. ...
- Do one of the following: